Family Immigration & Restitution

Serving Hoover, AL and Surrounding Areas

At The Stringer Law Firm, we recognize that family is one of the most important parts of a person's life. As an immigrant, you may currently be separated from your family if they reside outside of the United States. To be granted residency, you may require one of two basic immigration visas: immediate relative or family preference. Relative visas may take years to obtain, but the first step is contacting an immigration attorney who can help. The Stringer Law Firm is the immigration lawyer who can help you throughout the visa process so your family gets here safely.

What's the difference in each type of visa?

Immediate family visas are based on close family relationships to a current U.S. citizen. This can include the citizen's spouse, unmarried children under the age of 21, an orphan adopted abroad, a foreign-born orphan that will be adopt by a U.S. citizen, or the parent of a U.S. citizen who is over the age of 21.

Family preference visas are divided into four categories (F1-F4):

  • F1: Unmarried sons and daughters of U.S. citizens and their minors
  • F2: Spouses, minor children, and unmarried children over 21 years old
  • F3: Married children of U.S. citizens, their spouses, and minor children.
  • F4: Brothers and sisters of U.S. citizens, their spouses and minor children

Family Restitution

If you or a loved one has been mistreated by the government during your citizenship or naturalization process, you may be entitled to restitution. Immigration restitution cases can quickly become complex situations, and require certain skills and expertise to win. The Stringer Law Firm is the immigration attorney that can help you determine if your restitution case is solid, and will fight to get what you deserve.

Contact Us Directly For More Information

Or Call 205-531-1675